Who are the Capital Angels?
Formed in 2005, the Capital Angels is a corporation that provides a forum for qualified high-net worth individuals to proactively support Capital Region entrepreneurs through both investment and direct activities supporting the companies.
To qualify, invitations are extended by current CA members who:
- have a proven a track record managing and building successful companies either as an entrepreneur or operating executive
- experienced in angel investing, leading due diligence, structuring investments, and coaching entrepreneurs
- knowledgeable and brings an extensive peer network of domain expertise
- connected with contacts for subsequent funding, talent and technology
- involved and able to dedicate time and effort to CA activities, including attendance at dinner meetings and screening sessions, mentoring entrepreneurs.
Less experienced investors may also be invited to join and are provided with a number of both formal and informal opportunities to 'learn the ropes' of early stage investors. We value and stress on going Angel development and educations.
Capital Angels provides a forum and structure for regular and formal meetings with potential companies and entrepreneurs, facilitating information exchange. The members of Capital Angels make individual investment decisions based on their own individual assessment of the opportunity presented. By the very nature of these investments, they are high risk at best.
As an organisation, Capital Angels cannot make and does not make representations as to the suitability of any potential investment nor does Capital Angels as an organisation make investments or investment decisions